July 02, 2002

In the beginning...


The game is afoot! The result of months of saving, persuading and pleading mean I can go ahead and actually look at buying a new bike for real! HURRAH! Right, then. I've booked a test ride at a local Honda dealer for Wednesday on a Pan European. Should be fun.

Hmmm. Local. What do I mean by that, then? I suppose a bit of background is in order:

I live in Kent (that's in England, dears) with my wife and 2yr old daughter. I'm in my late 30s, work in IT and have been riding bikes since I was 12 or so. That's probably more than you want/need to know but, er, tough. Too late.

Buying a bike has been brought on by the difficulty of using public transport to get to my job in central London and by the onset of the usual mid-life crisis that middle aged blokes go through when they realise that middle age isn't something that happens exclusively to other people...

I suppose I could go big on lists now. You know, list of bikes owned, list of places I've lived, list of medications etc, etc. Frankly, I just can't be bothered.

On that cheery note, I'm off to bed. Back in a couple of days!

No comments: